This is another protein flapjack recipe, only incredible quick and easy to make.
Before we get started, I am not the originator of this recipe, so please don't PM me saying its plagiarism. I have simply modified a recipe I found elsewhere.
Now with both metric and imperial! Ingredients
1 cup Natural peanut butter(I prefer crunchy) - 236g
8 tablespoons honey- 226g
1.5 cups whey protein powder- 105g
1.5 cups of uncooked oatmeal- 85g
50g of 85% chocolate-optional
Picture of the amounts of ingredients
Brands of ingredients used.
Note the chocolate and honey is from Aldi= very cheap! Instructions
1) Add the peanut butter and honey in a bowl, microwave on full for 80 secs. They should end up as a thick warm substance.
2) Add the Whey and Oats and mix together, you can use a knife for this. If they don't quite mix, add a touch of water. If you want, you can add raisins/nuts etc to taste.
3) (Optional) Melt 50g of the chocolate in the microwave, and add it to the mixture at this point.
4) Then Smooth into 13x9 buttered tray and leave for 20 mins. Cut into 10 to 12 equal bars and wrap and store in fridge!!
Approx Nutritional Info(without the chocolate)
-Of which saturates 3g
-Of which monounsaturates 5g
-Of which polyunsaturates 4g
- mostly from the honey, so low(ish) GI, and oats(low GI)
- top quality protein from Whey (and some from oats and peanut butter)
It's great because it requires no cooking and even someone like me who has last went into a kitchen to cook in 2003 can make them!
You can experiment and add new things , e.g nuts, raisins, or whatever takes your fancy.
I know I'm crap at cutting them equally!
Please note, because they do not have milk in them they do not have to be kept in the fridge. I have found they will last around a week out of the fridge, and for very long in the fridge(I have always eaten them all before they've gone off!)
post edited by FatboyGinger - 2008/10/26 23:20:03