SYNTHETEK INDUSTRIES
Syntherol, Syntheselen, B-12, Vasodilators, Fat Burners, Whey Isolate, Unique products
Visit the MuscleTalk Shop - and check out our own range of MuscleTalk branded supplements at great prices with FREE delivery!

Training twice a day

Author
JonnyCon
  • Total Posts : 69
  • Reward points: 1004
2010/04/28 01:06:09 (permalink)

Training twice a day

I have been in calorie deficit for about 2 and a half months now trying to lose fat until last week when I decided to have a week off.  I still didn't eat junk but just ate around maintenance.

I am really enjoying the gym right now and am thinking about doing an extra session at the gym every workout day.  I really enjoy doing 5 exercises on 1 bodypart a day, usually chest, shoulders, biceps, back & triceps then if I manage to go a 5th day I'll do legs.

I  could go to the gym at 10am for an hour then 7pm for an hour.  I'm thinking of trying to build muscle for the next few months as I'm getting tired of cutting, am worried about having lose skin if I lose anymore fat too quickly and as I say I am really enjoying lifting atm and I'm lifting heavier than ever before.

I have been to the gym at least 3 times a week, every week since January and I'm feeling strong and recovering well.

If I go to the gym twice a day four days a week what kind of routines should I do?  One muscle group in the am and another pm or the same muscle group am and pm but different exercises?

I usually have a whey shake with oats pre workout and whey with dextrose post workout, plus a meal an hour after post workout shake, will this be OK to do twice a day?

4 Replies Related Threads

MuscleTalk Shop - Bodybuilding Supplements
    James
    Owner & Moderator
    • Total Posts : 48397
    • Reward points: 12194
    Re:Training twice a day 2010/05/02 17:12:00 (permalink)
    I think you'll be over doing it twice a day mate.  More is not always better.

James Collier - MuscleTalk Co-Owner

bigjack
    Pro-Member
    • Total Posts : 1231
    • Reward points: 5791
    Re:Training twice a day 2010/05/02 19:08:40 (permalink)
    I was always under the impression that guys who can train twice a day are on huge amount of gear, as naturally, the body wouldnt be able to take it.
    TONY
    Pro-Member
    • Total Posts : 12172
    • Reward points: 6125
    Re:Training twice a day 2010/05/02 19:37:56 (permalink)
    James

I think you'll be over doing it twice a day mate.  More is not always better.

Agree with that.

Unless your a high level BBer, oly lifter or strongman I see no need for it.
    TONY
    Pro-Member
    • Total Posts : 12172
    • Reward points: 6125
    Re:Training twice a day 2010/05/02 19:38:51 (permalink)
    bigjack

I was always under the impression that guys who can train twice a day are on huge amount of gear, as naturally, the body wouldnt be able to take it.

No mate.  

I know a young oly lifter who is 100% clean and currently training 2x per day.
    Jump to:
    MuscleTalk Shop - Bodybuilding Supplements
    ©2014 All content is copyright of MuscleTalk.co.uk and its use elsewhere is prohibited. (posting guidelines | privacy | advertise | contact us | supported by)
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5