Join us now!
Stay logged in
- OR -
Log in with Facebook
Forgot Your Password?
Forgot your Username?
Haven't received registration validation E-mail?
User Control Panel
Recent Blog Posts
Send New PM
Bodybuilding Steroids & Performance Drugs
Fitness & Bodybuilding Nutrition
Sports and Bodybuilding Supplements
Exercise & Training
General Bodybuilding & Fitness Related
Advertise with us
Bodybuilding Routines, Cardio & Training Techniques
Mark Thread Unread
Flat Reading Mode
HUGE supplement store that ships globally. Check out our
Top 50 Best Selling Supplements
Total Posts : 388
Reward points: 6141
hi guys, have read a few threads on this, just about to finish 4 weeks of pre exhaust and drop setting so fancy a bit of a change. Just wondering looking at peoples routines etc there appears to be no warm up sets is this right? also how long should the rest periods be, if any, between sets?
Thanks for your time
Total Posts : 968
Reward points: 7940
Location: London United Kingdom
RE: 5*5 again
2 warm up sets then either 5 sets with the same weight or 3, depending on your preference.
Rest, as long as you like until you feel ready to go, sometimes over 5 minutes when I was doing deadlifts.
Total Posts : 1102
Reward points: 3860
Location: United Kingdom
RE: 5*5 again
The rest periods will be extra long with 5*5, upto 5 minutes as Golden Arrow says. You'll know if you're using the correct intensity on all your sets because you will need such long rest intervals.
Create an account
- - - - - - - - - -
- - - - Bodybuilding Supplements
- - - - Diet & Nutrition
- - - - Bodybuilding Recipes
- - - - MuscleTalk Advertisers' Own Areas
- - - - - - - - Huel
- - - - - - - - Myprotein
- - - - - - - - The Protein Works
- - - - Myprotein =>
- - - - 1 Rep Max Clothing =>
- - - - General
- - - - Welcome – Introduce yourself!
- - - - Female Bodybuilding
- - - - Over 40s
- - - - Bodybuilding Competitions & Events
- - - - Classifieds & Exchanges
[Steroids and Other Performance Enhancing Drugs]
- - - - Testosterone & Other Steroids
- - - - Other Performance Enhancing Drugs
- - - - Pro-hormones, Designer Steroids & Testosterone Boosters
- - - - Progress Journals
- - - - - - - - Shape-Up Competitions
- - - - Bodybuilding Routines, Cardio & Training Techniques
- - - - Power & Strength
- - - - Beginner
- - - - Bodybuilding Articles =>
- - - - Supported by =>
©2018 All content is copyright of MuscleTalk.co.uk and its use elsewhere is prohibited.
Commercial Version 5.5