Breaded Chicken, Sweet Potatoes and pepper :)
Pretty much as the title says a very nice dish for those bulking, if cutting then take out the sweet potatoes and chuck in some salad!
300g Chicken Breast
2 large sweet potatoes (around 300g)
2-3 tpns mixed spice
Small handful of grated cheese
35g (1/3-1/2 of a mug) of paxo golden breadcrumbs
1 medium egg
Tbspn of butter
1. Peel your sweet potatoes and cut into manageable chunks and put into a pan filled with water and put on the hob to boil. Also turn your grill onto to heat up.
2. While the potatoes are boiling cut your chicken breats into thin fillets or chunks however you prefer, Crack an egg into a cup and stir until mixed well.
3. Now get a small bowl and put your breadcrumbs and spice together and give a quick stir.
4. Take your chunks of chicken and place into the cup of egg and then into the bowl of breadcrumbs making sure the chicken is covered generously in the mixture of breadcrumbs. Repeat until all of chicken is coated :).
5. Cut your pepper into 3X1inch slices and together with your chicken place on some foil on an oven tray and place under your grill. (If you would like you can drizzle some olive oil over the chicken but that's completely up to you).
6. The chicken should take around 20-30 minutes to cook keep turning every 10 minutes to make sure both sides are crunchy. Now get your small handful of cheese and sprinkle over the chicken and peppers and put back into the grill for the last 2-3 minutes.
7. Drain your sweet potatoes once they are nice and soft and add the butter and mash it all together (again you can put milk in as well to make it creamier but for me sweet potatoes are amazing as they are.)
8. Place chicken, mash and peppers on a plate with a sauce of your choice (salsa or a bit of ketchup does it for me!)
right and now the stats! kcall 855 / protien 88.6 / carbs 93.9g / fat 8.7g (of sats approx 1g)
I know its a pretty big calorie intake but it is a very nice meal and i hope you enjoy!
EDIT: One thing i forgot to add was that you might find it useful to let he chicken cook by itself for 10 minutes or so then add the peppers to the tray to stop them burning but all depends on your grill!
post edited by Devoted17 - 2011/03/29 14:29:01