Changes and help needed
This is the last post on my Journal, i thought it would be a good idea to direct this at the routines forum however as it is a routine i am after. Thanks.
Considering my recent aggrivation of my hip problem I am undoubtedly going to have to take a break from deadlifting, maybe a long one.
Consequently i was thinking about changing my routine. Not only because of this injury but also becuase having spent a little time back in the gym now i realise i am developing some rather different and more specific goals.
My goals were simply to up the weights in those lifts i included in my routine: -
Overhead squats - as a warm up
Back squats 3 singles or doubles
Weighted sit-ups 3x3
Weighted chins 3x3
Weighted dips 3x3
Deadlift 3 singles or doubles
Bent over rows 3x3
Clean and press 3 singles
Overhead press 3x3 or close grip bench
However i think i would like to: -
1. train three seperate sessions,
2. Concentrate on hip strength and flexibility
3. concentrate on cleans rather than deadlifts
4. concentrate on overhead squats rather than back squats
5. also, somehow, incorporate box squats learn to back squat wide stance
6. incorporate good mornings
7. primarily focus on flexibility and core strength rather than static strength in squats and deads etc as before
8. ideally improve dips and chins, but this is not a necessity
9. greatly improve standing overhead
10. greatly improve ab strength
I think many of these goals can go hand in hand but how to do it?
Well that is where i am hoping for your help.
I believe i have been sacrificing more sensible goals such as flexibility and core strength in order to try and get my weights back up to where they were a few months back.
Please help sort me and my training out!