Cozi's Quick + Brief Paella Menu!!!
You will need:
Frying pan, turbo cooker or wok.
2 chicken breasts
3 assorted peppers
Water (I think this stuff is free)
1 Chicken stock cube
2 small sachets (servings) safron (seasoning)
1 tin tuna
Optional: Inkfish (squid), frozen prawns, crab, salmon, muscles, cockles.
1. dice and lightly fry (litte amount of olive oil) chicken breasts, onions and long thin strips of different peppers. defrost your prawns (if you are having them!)
2. When the chicken starts to whiten. Enter the rice. Be careful not to completely overload on it! It is very deceiving.
3. Next add water until the rice etc is covered.
4. Break up a chicken stock cube and crumble around your pan.
5. Next you will need Safron, sprinkle two serving sachets in, or a level teaspoon.
6. Mix up your brew and leave the rice to soften. (put lid on turbo cooker)
7. KEEP CHECKING!! keep the water just above the rice, it disappears quick! keep testing your rice, you will get the feeling of how well it is cooking.
8. When the rice is nearly done, throw in a tin of tuna, a couple of hand fulls of prawns, some squid (inkfish), a bit of crab and some salmon if you like any of these!
9. Just give it another 6 - 7 mins and let the water soak in.
10. It should be done when the water has gone, leaving you with a yellow coloured seafood risotto!!
good thing is you can put the left over in the fridge. I usually make about 3 - 4 days worth in one go!
The whole process can take about 20 mins (turbo cooker) if not then about 30-35mins
Sorry its a bit brief, I am making one tonight so will amend if there is anything different. This makes one of the nicest meals that has to be on offer.