Join us now!
Stay logged in
- OR -
Log in with Facebook
Forgot Your Password?
Forgot your Username?
Haven't received registration validation E-mail?
User Control Panel
Recent Blog Posts
Send New PM
Bodybuilding Steroids & Performance Drugs
Fitness & Bodybuilding Nutrition
Sports and Bodybuilding Supplements
Exercise & Training
General Bodybuilding & Fitness Related
Advertise with us
Diet & Nutrition
Mark Thread Unread
Flat Reading Mode
Total Posts : 31
Reward points: 3773
hi all, Im totally confused on how I'm to go about dieting. I get the basics of protine and carbs ect.., but how much should I be eating to loose weight. I have no idea what is the usual amount of call's needed to sustane a constant healthy weight is, and then how much below that average I need to go to loose weight at a steady pace. also do I need to change the amount I eat if I'm doing cardio, and should I be doing the weights as well as the cardio?
The main issue for me at the moment is to lose the fat and start a clean bulk, I was going to do the push, pull and leg's routine wile doing my cardio, but would doing the weights and cardio be to much?
If anyone could help me I wud be very greatfull.
Total Posts : 4305
Reward points: 5031
doing both weights and cardio can be very helpful in loosing fat
can you give your stats please, height, weight etc.. this will help us determine how many kcals you are likely to need
Total Posts : 4922
Reward points: 6201
As above cardio + weights is always the way to go imo.
Stats would be useful to help determine what is requierd.
Total Posts : 31
Reward points: 3773
Im around 5'7 14 stone 22 years old.
So if I did decide to do the cardio and the weights, wud I be looking at a cutting diet?
Total Posts : 132
Reward points: 3246
Mate if your new to this as I was not too long ago try first of all with a simple 3 day split on your weights doing full bodies if possible as you'll then be hitting each body part every session.. Also with your cardio try and do 20 minutes steady cardio either after your weights session or if possible on do 30 minutes on non weights days and give yourself at least a couple of days rest each week as you have to get used to the stresses on your body and give yourself time to rejuvinate the muscles a bit too. Try and concentrate on compound moves for the first few months such as Squats, deadlifts, bench, military press and BOR and keep the weights lowish to start with and concentrate on form first, moving up when you've mastered each... With your cardio keep it intense but dont go mad as you'll know when you can up it and you dont want to burn yourself out...
With your diet if your out to lose weight start by making simple changes in your diet such as cutting out junk food and replacing them with healthier choices such as lean chicken, turkey, salmon & tuna etc and swap high sugar products with healthier options.If you change too much too soon your body will rebel after a while and you'll find yourself binging so make changes little and often. Also once a fortnight treat yourself and for 1 meal eat whatever you like and enjoy it after all you've earned it. If you then find a couple of months down the road that the weights coming off and you want to do the whole high protein, low carb thing then look into it more... I would also suggest (as this was imo the biggest factor in my weight loss) that you try and swap 90% of your drinks for water and even keep the other 10% to healthier drinks ie- cut out the soda completely from your diet...
Hope this helps
post edited by leetwin -
Create an account
- - - - - - - - - -
- - - - Bodybuilding Supplements
- - - - Diet & Nutrition
- - - - Bodybuilding Recipes
- - - - MuscleTalk Advertisers' Own Areas
- - - - - - - - Huel
- - - - - - - - Myprotein
- - - - - - - - The Protein Works
- - - - Myprotein =>
- - - - 1 Rep Max Clothing =>
- - - - General
- - - - Welcome – Introduce yourself!
- - - - Female Bodybuilding
- - - - Over 40s
- - - - Bodybuilding Competitions & Events
- - - - Classifieds & Exchanges
[Steroids and Other Performance Enhancing Drugs]
- - - - Testosterone & Other Steroids
- - - - Other Performance Enhancing Drugs
- - - - Pro-hormones, Designer Steroids & Testosterone Boosters
- - - - Progress Journals
- - - - - - - - Shape-Up Competitions
- - - - Bodybuilding Routines, Cardio & Training Techniques
- - - - Power & Strength
- - - - Beginner
- - - - Bodybuilding Articles =>
- - - - Supported by =>
©2018 All content is copyright of MuscleTalk.co.uk and its use elsewhere is prohibited.
Commercial Version 5.5