Help with fat loss diet & Questions
I started a new diet plan on the 25th March which is based around James cutting plan.
My main aims are to become healthier & much fitter, and become more toned by hopefully losing all the fat in the process!
I was 16.3 stone, now 15.2 - am 6ft.
My diet was very poor so am really pleased how long I have stuck at this as I have never done so well. Only in the last month have I started to incorporate some exercise into my plan.
Would like to concentrate on continuing to lose all the fat I have and tone up in the process and maybe after summer or near the end of the year start to bulk but from a lean physique, not sure how long it will take though realistically.
I am doing weights 3 to 4 times a week and cardio 6 days a week.
My diet is; 8.00
- Bowl of approx. 40g Alpen Cereal (No added sugar) with skimmed milk, 10 g of pumpkin, sunflower and sesame seeds, 4 teaspoons of Granovita flax seed oil, with a small glass of Tropicana orange juice (Not from concentrate).
+ 4 egg whites, 1 egg yolk 11.00
- 30g Whey shake (with water) , oatcake, apple 2.00
- 1 Wholemeal pitta with 1 tin of tuna/100 g of chicken with lots of mixed salad (normally something like cucumber, rocket, tomato etc) 5.00
- 30g Whey shake (with water) , oatcake, banana 8.00
- Steak, chicken, 250g lean mince with normally a sweet potato, sometimes whole-wheat pasta, lots of veg, multivitamin, effervescent vitamin c 1000mg 10.30
- 30 g whey shake with skimmed milk, couple of heaped tablespoons of Whole Earth peanut butter.
* Drink water all through out day
* Have green tea when I can
* Also have made up bowls of sugar free whey protein jelly in the fridge which I have been having randomly if I feel extra hungry and feel the need to have something
* On weights days Iâ€™ll swap my 2.00 and 8.00 meals around and will normally do a weights workout between 11 and 2, obviously have a whey shake for PWO and my swapped 2.00 meal acts as My PPWO meal.
* Have Tesco diet Kick sugar free drink before cardio and weight workouts.
My questions are
1) How does my diet look overall? (Try not to be to harsh lol as I feel just sticking to what I have for the amount of time is a big achievement for me)
2) I am doing cardio on an empty stomach approximately 6 times a week (before my first meal, normally have a Tesco diet kick sugar free drink), but as I am trying to get fitter and primarily want to lose fat, I am going at high intensity and I enjoy pushing myself.
I feel that I have gained a little bit of muscle and do not want to lose any I currently have as I do have a little bit - I am worrying what I am doing may be counter productive? Would I benefit from maybe having a whey shake before I do cardio? I feel my protein intake is high so not sure?
3) With my last meal of the day I feel that a couple of heaped tablespoons is far far too much, even though I have been enjoying it. Donâ€™t want to cut it out as I look forward to having it but maybe I could have it somewhere else more beneficial, or a lot less or cut it out completely?
4) How long do people expect that I would have to continue roughly to get reasonably lean and be able to start bulking from a lean physique, or is this just totally dependant on me?
5) Any suggestions, advice at all would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance and sorry if all that is a bit long winded lol