Im the hotel thief
Hello all, looking for some advice on the below diet (pls jump straight to the bottom If dnt have time to read the full post). Well It was being sent from London to this hotel in Thailand the late part of last year for work reasons that I started to lose the little muscle I had and completely messed up my body. Thanks to some of the good guys on this forum I have learned how to eat better which really helped me last month when back in England and as soon as I started to see some progress I was told it was time for me to go back again. When I found out I had to come back here again I went into some serious depression because you just cant find things like cottage cheese, chicken breasts here and in a small hotel room you dnt have access to a blender for shakes etc etc. I dnt have a kitchen or anything like that. Its a pathetic reason to get annoyed about, many of my friends would loe the oppurtunity
I thought about my last trip and remembered that in the morning they have what I consider to be the worlds best breakfast buffet which is all included in my room rate. Last year I use to miss it all because I use to work late and not wake up for the morning. Anyway this hotel is renowned for a its international buffet, and I started thinking to myself how amazing it would be if I had access to the buffet food for the full day. So I thought (remember I know how the whole set up works having stayed here previously for 16 weeks) that I would come down stairs every morning with my laptop bag and have inside it around 3-4 plastic containers and when no one is looking sneak some food into them and keep going back for some more until I have my daily meals prepared. So far it has gone to plan. The chef has become a good friend of mine and I jokingly said to him the other day how come you dnt have chicken breasts here and he jokingly said ‘If you want chicken breasts, then you will get chicken breasts’ and now daily I have a decent sized boiled chicken breast for me ready in the morning. They probably have a laugh in the kitchen as to what and how much I eat in the mornings but who cares right?
It actually feels like my diet is even better today than it was back at home and I dnt have to do any cooking/cleaning whatsoever. Please can you all look at my diet below, im guessing its decent considering my situation but I want it to be excellent and will do whatever I can to tweak it. I have a party to go to in 7 weeks where I will see someone I like and want to look the best I can for her :-)
My stats: im 32 years old and 6ft2. Weight around 14stones and my body fat machine tells me I have around 25% bf. People here ask me how often I train and think I am well built. In reality I have a belly and moobs which make me quite insecure but I think because of my height I hold this fat well. A few years ago I got my bf down to 18-20% and weight was about 12 stones and everyone just said it looked awful and to be honest It didn’t feel right. I wonder how i would look if i got it down to 15%. I have long levers and without the weight I just look lanky. I am doing cardio 3 times a week and weights 3 times a week (will post routine in another post) and I want to lower my body fat and cut up a bit. I know I will end up coming down in weight and although I know I will look better topless im worried how I will look overall so I need to be strict with my diet and eating. Apologies for the long post, my diet is below and thanks in advance for anyone who takes the time to study it for me
(1) Breakfast: around 9.30am
- 2 slices of toasted brown bread, filled with slices of Salmon. Literally a small spoon of cheddar cheese for taste in the bread
- Some kind of Yogurt, has some nuts in it and some muesli I think I really have no idea what it is. I will have 1 pot and if feeling really hungry in the morning I will have 2
- 1 whole Orange (I had a cold when I got here and wanted to stock up on Vit C), do you think I should stop this now?? No berries here, is there another fruit more recommended in the mornings?
- 1 boiled egg white (the eggs here are probably classed as small to medium size)
(2) Mid morning snack: 2.5 to 3 hours later
- Omlet with 6 egg whites and 1 full and some onions in it (they think this is part of my breakfast but when no one is looking I just chuck it into a container in the mornings)
- Various Nuts (2-3 different types I dnt know what they are but I just sneak them in the morning as well, is there a bad type??)
(3) Lunch 2-3 hours later
- That famous chicken breast they make especially for me (decent size I wish I knew how much it weighed)
- Steamed white rice (they dnt have brown L)
- A Handful of brocli again all sneaked into a container in the morning
(4) 2-3 hours later
- I nick a load of boiled eggs in the morning as well. I will have 2-3 depending on how I feel
- I put some soya milk into a bottle in the morning and brought a bag of oats which I keep in my hotel room and mix some of this together. Not a lot of oats I find them hard to stomach
(5) 2-3 hours later
Can of Tuna in brine or Tuna in water drained weight 140g (stocked up when I got here from my local Deli shop, each can costs me £3 can you believe) and just have it with some salad from the exec lounge. Its not a proper salad it can sometimes be a load of cucumber and bits or carrots. Its my worst tasting meal of the day and sometimes I need to down it with some water as there is no taste to it at all but I dnt mind for now
(6) About 1.5-2.5 hours later (and this is around 30mins before bed)
200grams of cottege cheese, I managed to find a place here that sells it but its costs £3.50 per 200grams as opposed to 0.75p in London L.
Guys have I got it all covered? How good do you think this diet is. Can anyone guess the amount of calories this might be??? im sorry I wish I had a way to calculate it but I cant be sure of the portion sizes either. Seems like a awful lot of food. Sometimes I end up having a nap in the day if didn’t get enough sleep at night and therefore end up missing one meal. So on a bad day its 5 meals instead of 6.
Thanks again for reading