RE: Need YOUR ideas and here's MINE
1 cup rolled oats
2/3 cup nuts & seeds (sunflower, walnuts, pepitas, sesame, etc)
1/4 cup soy grits
1 1/2 cups cereal (rice, corn flakes, bran, etc.,broken into pieces if too large)
1/4 cup barley malt (more if necessary to bind)
4 T peanut butter (I use creamy, unsalted)
1/2 cup dried fruit (raisins, chopped apples,
1) Toast first 3 ingredients in 275 degree oven for about 15 minutes. Add to large bowl with cereal.
2) Heat barley malt in microwave or on stovetop until it begins to bubble or is a runny liquid.
3) Remove from heat. stir in peanut butter. If too thick, heat until liquidy or add more barley malt.
4) Pour hot mixture over cereal mixture and stir. It will be very sticky- i often end up stirring it with my hands. Add fruit and stir to combine.
5) Place mixture in baking dish or tupperware container and use oiled hands or oiled parchment paper to flatten.
6) Cut when cooled.
note: I never measure for this recipe, so it is obviously very flexible in terms of amounts.
Preparation time: 30 min