Resident Doctor?

Cuppa Tea
New Member
  • Total Posts : 79
  • Reward points: 5699
  • Joined: 2005/07/04 21:22:03
  • Status: offline
2005/07/26 21:50:17 (permalink)

Resident Doctor?

I read on the site some where about a resident doctor. How do i ask him/her for some advice?

I have damaged my sciatic nerve and was giving some excersies by a physio. The pain was going but it has started to get worse again. I was wondering if there was anything i should be doing to strengthen my back which would help or what else can i be doing?

At the moment i am doing:

Neck exercises - forward and back then side to side

Forward and backward circles with arms

Back stretches on the mat - while flat on back bring knee to chest with both hands and curl up. Repeat with other leg and then both legs. Then bring both legs to chest and curls up then rock gently.

Lie on back with knees bent and arms out to either side. Rotate knees to the left and hold then to the right and hold.

While sitting on the floor leave one leg straight and bend the other leg over the out stretched leg. Place elbow on bent knee and twist to the side. Repeat for both legs.

Then some hamstring stretches.

Anymore advice would be wonderful as i am unable to go to the gym properly or take part in pre season for my football team as i am in real pain for days after.



2 Replies Related Threads

    1 Rep Max Designer bodybuilding clothing - built to last. Try our popular T-Shirts or our excellent Gym Vests
    Cuppa Tea
    New Member
    • Total Posts : 79
    • Reward points: 5699
    • Joined: 2005/07/04 21:22:03
    • Status: offline
    RE: Resident Doctor? 2005/07/27 23:20:17 (permalink)
    • Total Posts : 49888
    • Reward points: 13859
    • Joined: 2002/04/11 22:19:49
    • Location: UK
    • Status: offline
    RE: Resident Doctor? 2005/07/27 23:24:56 (permalink)
    TD tends to be a busy man so may not get this for a while. However, it tends to be beyond his professional responsibiliies to carry out these online style diagnosis.

    Your best bet is to speak to those who understand your history and the mechanics of your problem, your physio or consult an osteo etc
    Jump to:
    ©2017 All content is copyright of MuscleTalk.co.uk and its use elsewhere is prohibited.
    (posting guidelines | privacy | advertise | earnings disclaimer | contact us | supported by)
    © 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5