Join us now!
Stay logged in
- OR -
Log in with Facebook
Forgot Your Password?
Forgot your Username?
Haven't received registration validation E-mail?
User Control Panel
Recent Blog Posts
Send New PM
Bodybuilding Steroids & Performance Drugs
Fitness & Bodybuilding Nutrition
Sports and Bodybuilding Supplements
Exercise & Training
General Bodybuilding & Fitness Related
Advertise with us
Mark Thread Unread
Flat Reading Mode
Total Posts : 11
Reward points: 2896
I've recently read that I'd benefit from a 5x5 routine of various compound exercises. (the objective is to achieve muscle growth)
The weight should be sufficiently heavy so I can only just manage the 5th rep. In order to progress when all 5 sets can be completed then up the weight. That can be interpreted as that when I start the routine I won't complete a total of 25 reps for a given exercise.
Does this mean that I shouldn't be using the same weight on all sets? If not, does it mean that each set the weight will be getting lighter or heavier or doesn't it make any difference?
Total Posts : 33
Reward points: 6060
RE: Stupid question?
depends which 5x5 your doing there all different, for most you :
keep the weight constant for all 5 sets, if you complete them all then the next day you increas the weight by a few kgs. dont increase the weight until you can complete 5sets of 5 reps.
post edited by globogym -
Total Posts : 746
Reward points: 3240
RE: Stupid question?
i find if my progress slows on something i.e. bench .... if i do a 5x5 routine on that for a week with a slightly heavier weight, come the next week ive increased by a couple of pounds
Create an account
- - - - - - - - - -
- - - - Bodybuilding Supplements
- - - - Diet & Nutrition
- - - - Bodybuilding Recipes
- - - - MuscleTalk Advertisers' Own Areas
- - - - - - - - Huel
- - - - - - - - Myprotein
- - - - - - - - The Protein Works
- - - - Myprotein =>
- - - - 1 Rep Max Clothing =>
- - - - General
- - - - Welcome – Introduce yourself!
- - - - Female Bodybuilding
- - - - Over 40s
- - - - Bodybuilding Competitions & Events
- - - - Classifieds & Exchanges
[Steroids and Other Performance Enhancing Drugs]
- - - - Testosterone & Other Steroids
- - - - Other Performance Enhancing Drugs
- - - - Pro-hormones, Designer Steroids & Testosterone Boosters
- - - - Progress Journals
- - - - - - - - Shape-Up Competitions
- - - - Bodybuilding Routines, Cardio & Training Techniques
- - - - Power & Strength
- - - - Beginner
- - - - Bodybuilding Articles =>
- - - - Supported by =>
©2018 All content is copyright of MuscleTalk.co.uk and its use elsewhere is prohibited.
Commercial Version 5.5