Hi all, new to this forum. Based in High Wycombe, looking for a new forum to share and learn.
Been training on and off for years, months where I was consistent and months where I was lazy (more the latter). Want to get back on it properly and get that ripped strong look once and for all! Full time office worker, so spend most of the day on my ass, and father of of one, so don't want to spend my life in the gym.
In the early years I fanied around with random bodybuilding routines that got me nowhere, other than getting me from a fat teen to a slim adult. Then mid 20s done Stronglifts for a while, ended up getting bench to 95kg, Deadlift 145kg, Squat 105kg, and then getting a foot and shoulder injury and giving up. Early 30s, tried 531 boring but big, but for some reason never got into it, and then tried a PHAT routine which I think was just too much gym time for me and could not keep on it.
* Current stats
Height: 5ft 9
Weight: 158lbs @ 13% body fat
- Get stronger and look more aesthetic
- Add 10-12lbs lean mass
- Develop my chest properly, always felt my chest was under developed
- Develop core for more visible abs
One of Kinobody's variants focusing more on chest and legs:
- alternate workout A and B with a day of rest in between
- progressive overloading
- reverse pyramid training
- Incline bench press 5, 6, 8, 8, 8
- Flat bench press 6, 8, 10
- Lateral raises 3sets x 8-12reps
- Skull crushers 3sets x 8-12 reps
- Hanging Leg Raises 3sets x 8-12reps
- Squat 5, 6, 8, 8, 8
- Calfs 3sets 8-12reps
- Wighted Chin Ups 5, 6, 8
- Bent over flys 3sets x 8-12reps
- Barbel curls 3sets x 8-12reps
- BCAA early morning before and after workout
- Meals at 12pm, 3pm and 7pm
- 3400 calories training days (150g protein + 54g fat + 580g carbs)
- 2200 calories non training days (150g protein + 100g fat + 175g carbs)
How's it all look?
Am i orientating myself properly or am I off? I'm in two minds about going solo again and failing.. or taking the plunge and signing up to a cross fit gym and doing workouts with them and following the lean gains diet.
All advice will be much appreciated.
post edited by dantelo - 2018/10/31 18:01:58